Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Dated: November 17th, 2022
We collect the following personal data about you:
- When using our website, we collect data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called ‘’server log files’’). When you visit our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to display the website to you (date and time at the moment of access, amount of data sent in bytes, source/reference from which you came to the page, browser used, operating system used, IP address used).
- Contact information: full name, email address, mailing address, street address, ZIP code, state, country, phone number
- Professional credentials: Occupation, specialty, salutation, organization name, institution, HCP type
- Health information: Disease state
- Any personal information included by the HCP in the medical question area
Also, when you select the Compassionate Use Request in the ‘Resources’ (Early Access Program) area of our Site you should know that you will be redirected to an online form of a third-party Site ‘Smartsheet’ where the following data will be collected:
- Treating Physician: full name, Institution, address, city, postal code, country, email
- Patient: Date of birth, gender, disease/condition, medical history/current status, laboratory values and any other data shared via files and the area of rationale for request.
The linked websites are not under the control of Apellis, and Apellis is not responsible for the content available on any other website linked to this website. For more information check Apellis Terms and Conditions.
We collect this data from:
We rely on the following legal basis according to GDPR:
The processing is carried out in accordance with i) Article 6 (1) point f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in a) improving the stability and functionality of the website b) facilitating the communication with HCPs c) arranging a meeting with a MSL (Medical Science Liaison) and ii) Article 6 (1) point c GDPR to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations including those relating to providing a medical information service and to safety & quality reporting.
Purposes for which we collect personal data
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To remain compliant with our legal and regulatory obligations
- To create a scientific exchange with Healthcare Professionals answering their medical questions and providing them with the information they request via the online form
- To arrange a meeting with a MSL (Medical Science Liaison)
- To ensure the stability and upgrade the functionality of the website
We retain personal data:
For duration of service delivery
We share your personal data with:
Third party processors such as IT services and website hosting companies, (internet) connectivity providers
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online. You may also demand the deletion of your personal data unless the applicable laws and regulations oblige us to store your personal data.
You can request to be provided with information about data which we store/process about you. In addition, you have the right to have any personal data blocked or deleted, to object to the processing of your data, to have any incorrect data corrected and the right to have your data transferred to a third party.
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us an email that credibly shows the error. You likewise have the right to request the correction of incorrect personal data.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, if applicable. A list of European Union supervisory authorities is available here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
We may update or amend this policy at any time by posting the amended version on the Site.
International data transfers
Security of your personal information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take reasonable steps, including technical, administrative and physical safeguards, designed to protect the personal information submitted to us from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Such measures may include but are not limited to: the encryption of communications via SSL, encryption of information while it is in storage, firewalls, access controls, separation of duties, and similar security protocols. However, no method of security or method of transmission over the Internet is entirely secure. You should always use caution when transmitting personal information over the Internet.
Before sending an e-mail, please be aware of the following:
Apellis Pharmaceuticals Inc
100 5th Avenue, Waltham, MA 02451, US
Our data protection officer can be contacted as follows:
Our EU Data Privacy Representative can be contacted as follows:
ALG Manousakis Law Firm,
16, Laodikias Str., Athens,
P.O. 11528, Greece